Monday, July 11, 2011

ComedicReviews:HorribleBossesEdition

So the other day I went to see Horrible Bosses after a long day of class, hoping to relieve some stress with some old fashion belly laughs.  

While I certainly found certain aspects of the movie very funny, there were definitely some disappointments.  But let's start with the good parts.

First of all, I found Jennifer Aniston's role to be one of the best parts of the film.  Granted, it was an extreme shock to hear the words (sorry mom) "finger-bang" and "pussy" depart from the lips of America's sweetheart, but I think that's what I found so humorous about it.  It was a complete departure from what she has been cranking out for the last five years, so I found it nice to see her in such a different role.  The critics haven't  responded so well to her performance, but in this rare instance, I disagree.  

Plus, she looks ridiculously hot.  I won't go into details, but there's a scene where she shows some serious side boob.  

Moving right along..

I also found the chemistry between the three male leads to be excellent.  It was very clear to me that filming this movie must have been super fun, because you could just tell that there was a real friendship between these actors off screen, which isn't always the case.

Now for the bad part.

This really kills me to say, but I actually found Charlie Day to be the least funny out of the three leads.  Granted, as my readers know, I have recently become obsessed with It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, so my expectations were extremely high.  Don't get me wrong, he was still very funny, but I suppose I was expecting him to be more like his Sunny character.

Overall, I would give the movie a B+.  I would still even recommend seeing it in theaters if you have yet to do so, because it is funny.  It's just not exactly the level of humor I was hoping for.





No comments:

Post a Comment